Last year a decision was made to use Show Low Senior Patrol for Village security. They have been reliable and responsive to our needs. Senior Patrol also does what they refer to as House Watch. This is a service you can use when you are not at the Village. Following is an excerpt from a recent email from Senior Patrol.
If you sign up for HOUSE WATCHES we will:
- Physically walk the perimeter of your house. We visit your property every 7-10 days. If you are “Short term” (less than 30 days) we will visit your property 3 times per week.
- Check all doors and windows. We also check the outbuildings on your property.
- Our initial assessment makes notations for doors locked/unlocked, windows closed/open or broken. Sheds/outbuildings locked or unlocked.
- We DO NOT enter any structure on your property.
- If we find a discrepancy from our initial inspection, or obvious signs of a break in, we contact the Show Low Police Department to do further investigation. You as the registered homeowner are ALWAYS contacted if the situation warrants such action.
- House watch time periods can be as short as a few days, or for several months.
If you would like more information: Capt. Vern Gehlen 928-434-0211, Lt. Jeff Roberts 928-368-6034 or Sgt Jan Shamasko 928-532-6387.
The contractor replacing the club house decking has finished the area around the mailboxes. The post office is delivering again. A portion of the deck remains taped off until the project is complete. Thank you again for your tolerance and consideration during this unexpected occurrence.
If you are at the Village now, you might have noticed caution tape around the club house deck. On Monday, we realized that portions of the deck are brittle. This was causing an unsafe situation that required immediate attention.
We have hired a contractor to remedy the situation and work has begun. Portions of the mailboxes are not accessible right now. The post office has agreed to work with us to make sure your mail is available. However, it is unrealistic to expect the mail delivery person to hold some mail and deliver the rest. Until further notice, all Village mail will need to be fetched at the post office in Show Low.
We expect the deck to be finished sometime next week and will notify you when the work is complete. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.
It’s heating up in the desert and people are itching to get to the cool country. Perhaps you are one of the lucky ones who are returning from last year. However, if 2017 is the first year you plan to spend the summer in the Village, here’s a tip that could save you some inconvenience.
Please make sure that you get approval from the Architectural Review Committee prior to bringing your home onto your lot. This applies even if you are renting your lot to someone, so please let your tenant know the process.
As a reminder, you can find the Architectural Guidelines and all necessary applications on the Village People Website by clicking on the link below.