The following was taken from the City of Show Low website. This information is being posted as clarification for the question posted to the earlier blog post regarding fire restrictions in the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest. Please note the next to last paragraph.
Stage I Fire Restrictions Imposed in Show Low
Mayor signs emergency proclamation
SHOW LOW, Ariz. (April 20, 2018) – On April 23, 2018, at 12:01 a.m., Stage I fire restrictions go into effect within the City of Show Low. Mayor Daryl Seymore has issued an emergency proclamation indicating the following acts will be prohibited until further notice:
1. Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire or campfire unless noted in the exemptions below.
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
3. Used smoking materials will be extinguished and disposed of properly.
4. Use of explosive targets or tracer round ammunition. The use and sale of fireworks of any kind are suspended in the City of Show Low until fire restrictions are lifted.
6. The following are exempted from these restrictions:
a. Persons with a written permit issued by other state or local governmental agencies that specifically authorize the otherwise prohibited act. (This does not include open burn permits. All open burn permits will be suspended until fire restrictions are lifted.)
b. Any federal, state, or local officer or member of an organized firefighting force performing an official firefighting duty.
c. Persons using a device solely fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off. Such devices can only be used in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within three feet of the device.
d. Fires used only for the cooking of food or for providing warmth for human beings or for recreational purposes (campfire and charcoal fires) in an area that is designed for that purpose and is barren and cleared of all debris.
e. Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
6. During “Red Flag Warning” conditions, as posted by the U.S. Forest Service, no open outdoor fires, campfires, charcoal fires or outdoor smoking are permitted on either public or private property within the incorporated area of Show Low.
Those persons violating this ban on open fires and smoking may be charged with a class one misdemeanor and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
The restrictions will remain in effect until the fire danger abates and the proclamation is rescinded or if the proclamation is superseded by amended restrictions.