The Board voted to increase Member assessments by $10.00 per month. As you are aware, White Mountain Vacation Village is a “private” subdivision responsible for maintaining its infrastructure without benefit of municipal contributions from the City of Show Low. This increase to assessments is necessary (1) to build and maintain healthy reserves while avoiding the need for a special assessment, (2) to cover an increase in the cost of the Association’s Directors and Officers insurance policy, (3) legal fees to defend a lawsuit filed against the Association by two owners.
Some of the projects for 2020 which your assessments support:
- Elimination of dead or dying trees and control of explosive new growth. This is a necessary and fundamental strategy in our efforts to control or prevent a possible wildfire. It also benefits our members by improving visibility, which may reduce unexpected and dangerous encounters with wildlife in the area.
- Road repairs and maintenance
- Clubhouse repairs and maintenance
- Pond maintenance
- New fence for festival area
- New refuse containment area
White Mountain Vacation Village Amenities supported by your assessments include:
- Hiking trails
- Picnic tables
- Recreational activities
Items included as part of your assessments:
Your 2020 statements will be mailed separately. As a reminder, your board has made a decision to make your assessments due quarterly. If assessments are paid in full by the 15th of the last month in the quarter, no late fee will be assessed. HOAMCO will accept partial payments as long as the entire quarter is paid by the due date. You have the option of opting into electronic statements.
Please plan to make your assessments payments as follows, beginning in January 2020:
- Unit 2 Phase 1,2, 3 and Unit 4 = $420.00
- Unit 3 Phase 1 = $420.00 + $120.00 (secondary assessment for co-owned carports and lot maintenance) = $540.00
- Unit 3 Phase 2 = $420 + $30 (secondary assessment for Mountain Lodges common area) = $450.00
Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you.