Although no large projects are scheduled for 2021, the Board has a mandate to maintain healthy reserves while avoiding the need for special assessments. White Mountain Vacation Village is a private subdivision responsible for maintaining its infrastructure without benefit of municipal contributions from the City of Show Low. A nominal increase in assessments has been approved for 2021.
Some of the projects for 2021 which your assessments support:
- Elimination of dead or dying trees and control of explosive new growth. This is a necessary and fundamental strategy in our efforts to control or prevent a possible wildfire. It also benefits our members by improving visibility, which may reduce unexpected and dangerous encounters with wildlife in the area.
- Road repairs and maintenance
- Clubhouse repairs and maintenance
- Pond maintenance
White Mountain Vacation Village Amenities supported by your assessments include:
- Hiking trails
- Picnic tables
- Recreational activities including disc golf, bocce ball, horseshoes
Items included as part of your assessments:
- Snow plowing
Your 2021 statements will be mailed separately. As a reminder, the board made a decision to make your assessments due quarterly. This change stems from a modification to the existing law by Arizona Senate Bill 1531 which was passed by the legislature and signed by the governor last year. This law became effective January 1, 2020. The assessments are due January 1st, April 1st, July 1st and October 1st of each year. Assessments are late if received after the 15th of the month they are due. If you wish, for budgeting purposes, to pay monthly you need to first be ahead by two months and then you can submit a monthly payment. You have the option of opting into electronic statements.
Please plan to make your assessments payments as follows, beginning in January 2021:
- Unit 2 Phase 1,2, 3 and Unit 4 = $450.00
- Unit 3 Phase 1 = $450.00 + $135.00 (secondary assessment for co-owned carports and lot maintenance) = $585.00
- Unit 3 Phase 2 = $450 + $35 (secondary assessment for Mountain Lodges common area) = $485.00
Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you.