Re-opening of the White Mountain Vacation Village Recreational Subdivision Association (“Association”) common area laundry room will be subject to guidance from State and Federal governmental authorities and the discretion of the Board of Directors (“Board”). Re-opening of the laundry room will also be subject to users’ ability to comply with social distancing guidelines and rules and regulations adopted by the Board. In order to facilitate this reopening, the Board has adopted these interim rules and regulations related to the reopening of the laundry room. These rules and regulations are effective until rescinded by the Board and are subject to change at any time based on governmental guidance and advice from our professional partners.
- Users must comply with 6-foot social distancing guidelines.
- It is strongly recommended that all users wear a non-surgical mask or face covering that completely covers the nose and mouth whenever possible.
- Users must wash or sanitize their hands upon entering and after leaving the laundry room. It is strongly recommended that users bring their own hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes with them when using the laundry room.
- Users must follow all signage and safety guidelines posted in the laundry room.
- Do not use the laundry room if you have recently experienced any symptom of any illness or have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- It is strongly recommended that individuals over the age of 65 and individuals who are immunocompromised or have underlying health conditions not use the laundry room.
Laundry Room Operation Rules
- Laundry room use is limited to a maximum occupancy of Two (2)
- All laundry room equipment should be wiped down with disinfecting wipes by each user before and after each use.
- Do not shake dirty laundry. This minimizes the possibility of dispersing the virus through the air.
- Presort your laundry or wash it all together to avoid sorting in the laundry room.
- Allow anyone using a machine near you to finish loading or unloading before you load or unload your machine.
- Fold laundry at home rather than remaining in the laundry room.
- Wait outside or in a vehicle while loads are washing or drying.
- Clean and disinfect laundry baskets and hampers. Clean these items as often as possible and use a bag liner or disposable laundry bags, if available.
- Wash items in accordance with the directions. If possible, launder items using the warmest appropriate water setting for the items, and dry items completely.
- The hotter the wash, the better. Experts recommend washing items in a temperature of at least 140 degrees.
- Where possible, use bleach to disinfect.
- Use the right amount of soap. Too much soap creates excess suds that enable dirt and grime to remain trapped inside the fabric. The right amount of soap will properly clean and then be rinsed from the clothing.
- Use the dryer. Viruses hate heat, and drying clothes will further prevent the spread of the disease.